Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bellringer

Today's Quote: "Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway." Mary Kay Ash

Astonomy Picture of the Day

Problem of the Day:
Anthony was thirsty. He drank a glass of ice water and leaned against the door. He and Benjamin were going to the river near their school to look for gold. If he walked to Benjamin's house and then to the river, it would be five thousand, six hundred sixty-six meters. If he walked straight to the river, it would only be four kilometers. How many more meters does Anthony need to walk if he walks to Benjamin's house first instead of walking directly to the river?

Joke of the Day:
A policeman brought four boys before a judge. "They were causing an awful lot of commotion at the zoo, your Honor," he said."Boys," said the judge sternly, "I never like to hear reports of juvenile delinquency. Now I want each of you to tell me your name and what you were doing wrong.""My name is George," said the first boy, "and I threw peanuts into the elephant pen.""My name is Pete," said the second boy, "and I threw peanuts into the elephant pen.""My name is Mike," said the third boy, "and I threw peanuts into the elephant pen.""My name is Peanuts," said the fourth boy.

No comments: